By "Personal Information" We Mean Information That Can Be Associated with A Specific Person and Can Be Used to Identify That Person.
- We collect personal Information from You When You Use our platform (TelyPay.) and all related sites, applications, services and tools regardless of how you access or use them or When You Telephone or Email Our Customer Support Team.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to TelyPay so whether you are new to TelyPay or a longtime user please take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Scope and Consent:
Our Collection of Your Personal Information:
- As Part Of Your Registration On The Site, You Will Be Asked To Provide Us With Certain Personal Information, Such As Your Name, Shipping Address, Email Address And/or Telephone Number And Other. Similar Information As Well As Some Additional Information about You Such As Your Date of Birth or Other Identifying Information. Additionally, In Order For Us To Verify Your Identity, We May Need To. Request from You provide a Valid Proof of Identification (E.G. In The Form of a Copy of Your Passport, Resident’s Visa Or Permit, National ID Card and/or Driver’s License).
- The Website Policies And Terms & Conditions May Be Changed Or Updated Occasionally To Meet The Requirements And Standards. Therefore The Customers’ Are Encouraged To Frequently Visit These. Sections In Order To Be Updated About the Changes on the Website. Modifications Will Be Effective On The Day They Are Posted.
- Following Your Registration On The Site, You Should Not Post Any Personal Information (Including Any Financial Information) Anywhere On The Site Other Than On The Account Section Of The Site. Restricting The Posting Of Personal Information To The My Account Section Of The Site Protects You From The Possibility Of Fraud Or Identity Theft. The Posting By You Of Any Personal Information Anywhere On The Site Other Than On The My Account Section Of The Site May Lead To The Suspension Of Your Use Of The Site.
- We Will Collect Transaction Information Based On Your Activities Using The Site (Such As Buying And Selling Items And Participating In Auctions), This Transnational Information Is Used Solely In Relation. To The Transactions You Undertake On The Site And For No Other Reasons.
- Please Note That We May Use Your Internet Protocol (Or IP) Address (Which Is A Unique Number Assigned To Your Computer Server Or Your Internet Service Provider (Or ISP)) To Analyze User Trends. And Improve The Administration Of The Site.
- We May Also Collect Information About Your Computer (For Example, Browser Type) And Navigation Information (For Example, The Pages You Visit On The Site) Along With The Times That You Access The Site. Finally, We May Collect Additional Information From Or About You In Other Ways Not Specifically Described Here.
For Example, We May collect Information Related to Your Contact with Our Customer Support Team or Store Results When You Respond to a Survey. We May Also Collect Feedback Ratings And Other Comments Relating To Your Use Of-The Site.
Where We Aggregate Personal Information For Statistical Purposes, Such Aggregated Personal Information Shall Be Anonymized.
Our Use of Your Personal Information:
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide TelyPay Services and customer support;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- Improve the TelyPay Services by customizing your user experience;
- Measure the performance of the TelyPay Services and improve their content and layout;
- Manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- Provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
- Perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, and compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts and promotions, and inform you about TelyPay Services and the services of our corporate family. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
- In the event of a sale of TelyPay trading, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries or any related business assets, your personal information may be disclosed to any potential purchaser for the purposes of the continued provision of the site or otherwise in relation to any such sale while maintaining the confidentiality.
- We may share your personal information with our other group companies so as to provide joint content and services to you, to help detect illegal acts and/or the violations of our policies while maintaining the confidentiality.
- This contact information will be the personal information provided by you to upon registration and, as a result, should always be kept up-to-date.
- By registering on the site, you give us your express consent to receive promotional emails about our services and emails announcing changes to, and new features on, the site if, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive any such emails, you can opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of the emails or by going to the my account section of the site.
- Additionally, we may use comments made by you about the site for marketing purposes and by making such comments you expressly consent to our using such comments for marketing purposes.
Your Use of Your and Other Users’ Personal Information
- Site members may need to share personal information (including financial information) with each other to complete transactions on the site. You should respect, at all times, the privacy of other site members.
- We cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information when you share personal information with other site members so you should always seek information on the privacy and security policies of any other site members with whom you are transacting prior to sharing any of your personal information with another site member.
- you agree to use any personal information received from another site member in relation to a transaction on the site solely in relation to such transaction and shall not use the information received from another site member for any other purposes (except with the express consent of the other site member).
- You acknowledge and agree and you shall use personal information received from another site member in accordance with all applicable laws.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize TelyPay Services, content, and advertising.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by logging into your account and going to the Notifications section and updating your preferences, or by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
- We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our application, you can adjust your preferences by visiting the settings page of the application.
How you are Accessing, Reviewing and Amending Your Personal Information:
- You Can Access and Review and edit Your Personal Information at any time by logging in to your account in the Account Section of the Site and reviewing your account settings and profile.
- If your personal information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the site you should immediately update or correct your personal information (as applicable) by accessing my account section on the site or, alternatively, by contacting our customer support team.
- The "Customer Support" Link At the Top of Each Site Webpage Contains our Customer Support Email and Phone Details.
- If you would like to limit the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact us at the contact details as provided below. Please note however, that all information requested from you is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to process your request for our product and / or services.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of the TelyPay corporate family to provide joint content, products, and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Merchants and service providers that we partner with to jointly create to offer products. These financial institutions may only use this information to market TelyPay-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses.
- Banking partners as required by Central Bank of Oman rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having TelyPay close your TelyPay Account due to your breach of TelyPay’s User Agreement).
- Law enforcement, regulators, government officials, or other third parties (in Sultanate of Oman) in relation to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement under Omani law or regulation, or the laws and regulations of other jurisdictions that are applicable to Telypay or one of its Affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with such law or Central Bank rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity or investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk. For example, if you use the TelyPay Services to buy or sell goods using through the registered merchants in the service, and its affiliates, we may share account information in order to help protect your account from fraudulent activity, to alert you if we detect such fraudulent activity on your accounts, or evaluate credit risk.
- As part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we also may share necessary account information with local banks in cases where TelyPay has placed a hold or other restriction on your Account based on disputes, claims, chargebacks or other scenarios regarding the sale or purchase of goods. Also, as part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we may share account information with Competent Companies to enable them to operate their programs for evaluating buyers or sellers taking into account the privacy.
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional).
- Shipping: in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using TelyPay.
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
- We store and process your personal information on our computers in Sultanate of Oman. and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
- Like Many Websites, when you access our website or use Telypay Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, "Flash cookies," or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively "Cookies"). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize TelyPay Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and TelyPay Services.
- The Cookies We Use Do Not Reveal Any Personal Information About you. Cookies Help Us Improve Your Experience of the Site and Also Help Us understand Which Parts of the Site Are The Most Popular. You Are Always Free Todechine Our Cookies If You’re Browser Permits, Although Doing So May Interfere with Your Use of the Site.
No Spam or Spoof Emails
- We do not tolerate spam. To report site related spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to sales at telypay.com.
- You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our user agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
If You Have Questions or Concerns about Our Collection and Use of Your Personal Information, Please contact Our Customer Support Team At the "Customer Support" Link at Webpage.